Next Run, Receding Hareline and Being a Hare
We still need Hares for Hashes in April and May!!! Please help!!!
Please look at the Receding Hareline (list of future Hashes and Hares) and choose a date, then contact the Hare Razor (Sweet F.A. / TimF) to work out the details.
The 8th Annual QDH3 + Crowne Plaza Hotel Staircase Run-Up Race for Charity is coming very soon! Thanks for your support!
For the 11th Hash of 2017 (#527 on Sat, 18 Mar) the Hare/s will give us a special event The Crowne Staircase Run-Up Race for Charity Hash. :)
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday, 18 March 2017, at 2pm. The event and award ceremony should be finished by about 6pm.
***Event Information 活动资料: http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/gFThQtfUe01qwDspJLH-Hw
***Event Registration 活动报名连接 (No VPN!!!): http://yingkebao.top/f/58b428d4bb7c7c10b3e5feb5
***Photos from the 2016 event 去年比赛活动的照片: http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/TK9UCf72oXMit-OTEjRG-w
***Charity information 受捐赠方:
Best wishes! 祝好！
Tim Flanders and the Qingdao Hash
Dear Hashers, dear newcomers, and dear friends,
Our next QDH3 Hash run/walk QDH3 Hash #529 will be on Sun, 2 April 2017.
Read the current QDH3 Hash #528 Newsletter here.
#529 Newsletter cumming soon!!!
For the 13th Hash of 2017 (#529 on Sun, 2 Apr) the Hare/s will give us The Huangdao April BEER Fools Day + Qingming Festival Hash. :)
Lead Hare/s 主兔子 （设置路线）: Ivana Bendova (Ana)
Co-Hare/s 帮手兔子: ???
Intro 介绍: Hashers, please join us for the next great 2017 Hash run or walk on Sunday, 2 April. We will meet at 12.30pm at the Crowne Plaza Hotel (see location and map link below) in the main lobby entrance area. At 12.40pm we will take an 80 minute hire bus ride to the Hash Start Point. There will be 2 pickup points along the bus route. :)
Date 日期: Sunday, 2 April, *12.30pm*
Schedule 时间表: (Some of the times might change... Check again later!!!)
12.30pm - Meet at Crowne Plaza Hotel
12.40pm - Leave Crowne on hire bus (You MUST pre-book a seat!!!)
1.00pm - Bus pickup point near Qingdao Train Station
1.30pm - Bus pickup point near Huangdao Petroleum University
2.20pm - Meet at A Point (Start) (Leave bags on bus)
2.30pm - Pre-Hash ChalkTalk
2.40pm Hash Start
4.30 - 4.50pm Beer Stop (~Approximate time)
5.20 - 5.45pm Hashers reach HOME B Point (Finish)
5.45pm - Circle starts (someone order food)
6.30pm - On Bash (Dinner)
8.00pm - On Bus back to Huangdao then Crowne Plaza Hotel (You MUST pre-book a seat!!!)
9.30pm - Arrive back at Crowne Plaza Hotel
Hashing area: In the south-western part of the hills in the west part of Huangdao District.
Think hills, forests, scenic parks, great views of the city and coastline and "quiet coutry roads". Wear grippy hiking or running shoes!
Hash type: A to B
If it's an A to A Hash Trail, then you can leave a bag at the restaurant start and finish point.
If it's an A to B Hash Trail, then the start and finish points will be in different places, so the Hares should takes Hashers bags to the secret B point - But, you should pack as lightly as possible in case the lazy Hares can't take your bag to the B Point.
Hash trail length: Not quite certain, but probably, Runner's ~10-12km and Walkers ~8-10km
Meet at the Crowne Plaza Hotel lobby at 12.30pm. QDH3 leaders will meet you there. Arrive at Crowne by 12.40pm at the latest!!! Then we'll catch a hire bus to the Hash Start Point just after 12.40pm. Please don't be late!
Make sure you have an early lunch. :)
Cost: 20 RMB (includes some beer and water and the Hash trail) - does NOT include dinner or taxi/Didi/Uber.
Dinner: The Lead Hare will arrange for a delicious dinner in a local restaurant for those who wish to stay for dinner. Usually most people do. This is a separate cost, usually only about 40 - 60rmb per person.
You should all drink more beer to get better value for your money!
Cheers and On! On!
Sweet F.A. (QDH3 Head G.M. / Hare Razor / On-Sec / Web Wanker) and the QDH3 Mismanagement team
FYI, more info on the Crowne Plaza Hotel
(QingDao YiZhong HuangGuan JiaRi JiuDian)...
Address: #76 XiangGang Middle Road (XiangGang Zhong Lu)
地址： 青岛, 市南区, 香港中路76号(佳世客东50米)
Map 地图: http://j.map.baidu.com/FMWrD
Sometimes the information here may not be regularly updated.
To know other full details about the next Hash run/walk and other future QDH3 events, please send an email to qingdaohhh [@] outlook [.] com to get our weekly QDH3 Hash Newsletter.
Get the Newsletter and we'll let you know all the specific and even more juicy Hash details! :)
Some photos from other past QDH3 Hashes. On! On!
RECEDING HARELINE of future Hashes and Hares
NOTE: Details, including meeting times, may change, so it's best to send us an email to be sure.
***NOTE: In December and January the normal Hash meeting time at Crowne Plaza Hotel is *1pm* to get more daylight. In mid Summer, the Hash meeting time might move back to 3pm to avoid the midday heat. Far away Hash locations and special Hash events may also have different Hash meeting times.
Hash# Date Hash Name Hare(s) Trail type Crowne Hotel meeting time Trail Location
#527 Sat, 18 Mar, the 8th (almost) annual Crowne Plaza Hotel Staircase Run-up Tower Race for Charity.
- This is a SPECIAL COMMUNITY EVENT co-organised by the Qingdao Hash with help from Crowne Plaza Hotel and our good friends at Resource Pro. We are looking for prize sponsors.
#528 Sat, 25 Mar The Better Late Than Never St. Paddy's Day Hash - Hare/s: Sweet F.A. + ??? A to A 2pm Location: The western side of the Fushan Hills
#529 Sun, 2 Apr The April Beer Fool's Day - QingMing Festival Hash - Hares: Ivana Bendova (Ana) + ??? A to B 12.30pm Location: The far west part of Huangdao District (in NEW hills!!!)
#530 Sat, 8 Apr The ??? Hash - Hares Needed!!! A to ??? ???pm Location: ???
****** Tue, 11 Apr, 6pm QDH3 April MisManagement Committee Meeting - More details cumming soon...
#531 Sat, 15 Apr The Easter Bunnies On The Run Hash - Hares Needed!!! A to ??? ???pm Location: ???
#532 Sat, 22 Apr The ??? Hash - Hares Needed!!! A to ??? ???pm Location: ???
#533 Sat, 29 Apr The ??? Hash - Hares Needed!!! A to ??? ???pm Location: ???
****** ???, ??? May, ???pm QDH3 May MisManagement Committee Meeting - IMPORTANT: Sweet F.A.'s MisManagement jobs must be divided up between different people - Many hands make light work! - Change you can believe in! ;) - More details cumming later...
#534 Sat, 6 May The ??? Hash - Hares Needed!!! A to ??? ???pm Location: ???
#535 Sat, 13 May The G.M. Handover Hands On and Hands Up Hash - Hare/s: Sweet F.A. (Tim) + NEW G.M. + ??? A to ??? ???pm Location: ???
flex Means that the Lead Hare can change to another date if another Lead Hare really wants that date.
See the COMPLETE Receding Hareline online at any time.
Be a Hare! <---Click link to learn more about being a Hare. It's easier than you think. :)
Remember, no Hare = no Hash... and that's just sad!
If you are new to Hashing, then be a Co-Hare and help the Lead Hare set the Hash trail on the Hash day.
Learn to Hare and get practice at setting trails!
How to set a good Hash Trail <--- Click link to learn MORE. :)
1. The prospective Lead Hare should contact the Hare Razor and arrange a date for their great Hash. To give the Hashers more variety in Hash trails, the Lead Hare should check the Receding Hareline (list of future Hashes and Hares) and choose a Hashing area that hasn't been visited for a while. If you want advice on trails, then talk to the Hare Razor or the Trail Meisters (who know all the trails in Qingdao... they say!).
2. The Lead Hare should scout the full Hash trail at least 1 or 2 weeks BEFORE the Hash (especially if it's a new Hashing area, but even old Hashing areas can have new developments that ruin your great plans). That way, the Lead Hare can find all the most interesting scenery and features of the trail and the Hashers will all say it was THE BEST HASH EVER!!! ;)
3. While scouting the trail, the Lead Hare must also find a good Bash dinner restaurant. The Bash venue is important as we want the venue owner to be friendly to Hasher needs and the environment and food should should be suitable for Hashers' singing and joking and drinking behaviour. For A to A Hashes it should always be pre-arranged that Hashers can store bags at the Bash venue during the Hash (very important during winter especially). If it's an A to B Hash, then the Hare should find a way to get the Hashers' bags from the starting point to the end point for them... but sometimes the Hashers will just have to carry their own stuff all the way...
4. The Lead Hare should also find a good place about half way along the Hash trail for a Beer Stop (or 2? - But, only 1 in winter!) as well as find a suitable quiet spot for the Circle at the end where we won't be interrupted. The Circle should be close (>= 200m) from the end point Bash dinner venue.
5. Finally, a day or two before the Hash, the Lead Hare should organise flour and chalk. Then, on the day of the Hash, the Lead Hare and any Co-Hares will meet early in the day and set / lay the Hash Trail using chalk and flour making the Hash marks that will guide the Pack of Hashers around the fantastic Hash trail that is set. :)
6. Drink more beer...
Contact the Hare Razor and discuss when you can Hare or Co-Hare.
Sweet F.A. - QDH3 On-Sec (Secretary)
Qingdao Hash House Harriers (QDH3)