Next Run, Receding Hareline and Being a Hare
We still need Hares for Hashes in May and June!!! Please help!!!
Please look at the Receding Hareline (list of future Hashes and Hares) and choose a date, then contact the Hare Razor (Sweet F.A. / TimF) to work out the details.
- The 17th All China Nash Hash in Beijing!!!
- 第17全国Hash 在北京。今年不一般，有两次全国Hash。
- Fri(pm/night)-Sun(pm), 15-17 September 2017
- Don't miss it!!!
SEE MORE INFO
- Check www.Nash.Hash.cn for details and updates.
- Registration is open now!
- FYI, there are 2 China Nash Hashes in 2017 because Roomboy, who runs www.HashChina.net, just wants to synchronise the Nash Hash number with the calendar year. So, in 2018 it will be the 18th Nash Hash and so on. On! On!
Dear Hashers, dear newcomers, and dear friends,
Our next QDH3 Hash run/walk QDH3 Hash #537 will be on SUNDAY, 28 May 2017.
Read the current QDH3 Hash #535 Newsletter here.
#537 Newsletter cumming soon!!!
For the 21st Hash of 2017 (#537 on SUNDAY, 28 May) the Hare/s will give us The Funtastic Fushan Hills Dragon Boat Festival Hash. :)
Lead Hare/s 主兔子 （设置路线）: Sweet F.A. (Tim)
Co-Hare/s 帮手兔子: ???
Intro 介绍: Hashers, please join us for the next great 2017 Hash run or walk on SUNDAY, 28 May. We will meet at 2.00pm at the Crowne Plaza Hotel (see location and map link below) in the main lobby entrance area. At 2.10pm we will take a 20 - 30 minute city bus ride to the Hash Start Point. :)
Date 日期: SUNDAY, 28 May, *2.00pm*
Approximate Guesstimate Schedule 时间表: (Some of the times might change... Check again later!!!)
2.00pm - Meet at Crowne Plaza Hotel
2.10pm - Leave Crowne to catch a city bus (Please don't be late!!!)
2.30pm - Meet at A Point (Start/Finish point) (Leave bags or extra clothes here, if you like.)
2.50pm - Pre-Hash ChalkTalk
3.00pm - Hash Start
4.30 - 4.40pm Beer Stop (~Approximate time)
5.50 - 6.10pm Hashers reach HOME (Finish)
6.15pm - Circle starts (someone order food)
7.00pm - On Bash (Dinner)
Hashing area: In the Fushan hills area of Shinan and Shibei Districts.
Think hills, forests, scenic parks, great views of the city and coastline and "quiet city streets". Wear grippy hiking or running shoes!
Hash type: A to A
If it's an A to A Hash Trail, then you can leave a bag at the restaurant start and finish point.
If it's an A to B Hash Trail, then the start and finish points will be in different places, so the Hares should takes Hashers bags to the secret B point - But, you should pack as lightly as possible in case the lazy Hares can't take your bag to the B Point.
Hash trail length: Not quite certain, but probably, Runner's ~9-12km and Walkers ~7-10km
Meet at the Crowne Plaza Hotel lobby at 2.00pm. QDH3 leaders will meet you there. Arrive at Crowne by 2.10pm at the latest!!! Then we'll catch a city bus to the Hash Start Point just after 2.10pm. Please don't be late!
Make sure you have an early lunch. :)
Cost: 20 RMB (includes some beer and water and the Hash trail) - does NOT include dinner or taxi/Didi/Uber.
Dinner: The Lead Hare will arrange for a delicious dinner in a local restaurant for those who wish to stay for dinner. Usually most people do. This is a separate cost, usually only about 40 - 60rmb per person.
You should all drink more beer to get better value for your money!
Cheers and On! On!
Sweet F.A. (QDH3 ex-Head G.M. / ex-Hare Razor / ex-On-Sec / ex-Web Wanker) and the QDH3 Mismanagement team - Official handover of On-Sec and WebWanker duties will happen soon...
FYI, more info on the Crowne Plaza Hotel
(QingDao YiZhong HuangGuan JiaRi JiuDian)...
Address: #76 XiangGang Middle Road (XiangGang Zhong Lu)
地址： 青岛, 市南区, 香港中路76号(佳世客东50米)
Map 地图: http://j.map.baidu.com/FMWrD
Sometimes the information here may not be regularly updated.
To know other full details about the next Hash run/walk and other future QDH3 events, please send an email to qingdaohhh [@] outlook [.] com to get our weekly QDH3 Hash Newsletter.
Get the Newsletter and we'll let you know all the specific and even more juicy Hash details! :)
Some photos from other past QDH3 Hashes. On! On!
RECEDING HARELINE of future Hashes and Hares
NOTE: Details, including meeting times, may change, so it's best to send us an email to be sure.
***NOTE: The "usual" meeting time at Crowne Plaza Hotel is *2pm*, but in December and January the normal Hash meeting time at Crowne Plaza Hotel is *1pm* to get more daylight. In mid Summer, the Hash meeting time might move back to 3pm to avoid the midday heat. Far away Hash locations and special Hash events may also have different Hash meeting times.
Hash# Date Hash Name Hare(s) Trail type Crowne Hotel meeting time Trail Location
****** Tue, 2 May, 6pm QDH3 May MisManagement Committee Meeting - IMPORTANT: Sweet F.A.'s MisManagement jobs must be divided up between different people - Many hands make light work! - Change you can believe in! ;) - Location: Thai Me Up Bar and Restaurant - 20-6 YanErDao Branch Road, ShiNan District (300m north of Crowne Plaza Hotel) - Map: http://j.map.baidu.com/ril2e
#534 Sat, 6 May The Back to Shibei Hash - Hare/s: Squeeze 'em in (Tony) + ??? A to A 2pm Hashing Location: Central Shibei Distict
#535 Sat, 13 May The G.M.s Handover Hands On and Hands Up Hash - Hare/s: OLD G.M. Sweet F.A. (Tim) + NEW G.M. Whore's Whisperer (Philip) + ??? A to A 2pm Hashing Location: The Julin Forest Park and Zhongshan Park area
#536 Sat, 20 May The Virgin Ass R.A. Hash - Hare/s: Just "Phil" + Squeeze 'em in (Tony) + ??? A to A 1.30pm Hashing Location: The southwest Laoshan hills
#537 SUNDAY, 28 May (on SUNDAY due to the Chinese holiday...) The Funtastic Fushan Hills Dragon Boat Festival Hash - Hare/s: Sweet F.A. (Tim) + ??? A to A 2pm Hashing Location: FuShan hills area
****** ???, ??? June, 6pm QDH3 June MisManagement Committee Meeting - Cummm for the Beers, stay for the Meeting!!! ;) - Location: To be decided later... - Map: ???
#538 Sat, 3 Jun The ??? Hash - Hares Needed!!! A to ??? ???pm Hashing Location: ???
#539 Sat, 10 Jun The ??? Hash - Hares Needed!!! A to ??? ???pm Hashing Location: ???
#540 Sat, 17 Jun The ??? Hash - Hares Needed!!! A to ??? ???pm Hashing Location: ???
#541 Sat, 24 Jun The Sex Educator (Joey) FOYW Fuck Off Hash - Hare:/s: Sloppy Seconds (Paul) + Just "Brown" + Just "Gavin" A to ??? ???pm Hashing Location: ???
NOTE: This is currently planned to be a Hash Red Dress Run for Charity!!! Don't miss Qingdao's first Red Dress Run for Charity. You MUST wear a red dress (or skirt). See more info on the traditions of Hash Red Dress Runs for Charity here.
#542 Sat, 1 Jul The Red, White and Blue Independence Day Hash - Hares Needed!!! A to ??? ???pm Hashing Location: ???
Fri night - Sun afternoon, 15 - 17 September - The 17th All China Nash Hash in Beijing!!!
- 第17全国Hash 在北京。
- Don't miss it!!! SEE MORE INFO HERE
flex Means that the Lead Hare can change to another date if another Lead Hare really wants that date.
See the COMPLETE Receding Hareline online at any time.
Be a Hare! <---Click link to learn more about being a Hare. It's easier than you think. :)
Remember, no Hare = no Hash... and that's just sad!
If you are new to Hashing, then be a Co-Hare and help the Lead Hare set the Hash trail on the Hash day.
Learn to Hare and get practice at setting trails!
How to set a good Hash Trail <--- Click link to learn MORE. :)
1. The prospective Lead Hare should contact the Hare Razor and arrange a date for their great Hash. To give the Hashers more variety in Hash trails, the Lead Hare should check the Receding Hareline (list of future Hashes and Hares) and choose a Hashing area that hasn't been visited for a while. If you want advice on trails, then talk to the Hare Razor or the Trail Meisters (who know all the trails in Qingdao... they say!).
2. The Lead Hare should scout the full Hash trail at least 1 or 2 weeks BEFORE the Hash (especially if it's a new Hashing area, but even old Hashing areas can have new developments that ruin your great plans). That way, the Lead Hare can find all the most interesting scenery and features of the trail and the Hashers will all say it was THE BEST HASH EVER!!! ;)
3. While scouting the trail, the Lead Hare must also find a good Bash dinner restaurant. The Bash venue is important as we want the venue owner to be friendly to Hasher needs and the environment and food should should be suitable for Hashers' singing and joking and drinking behaviour. For A to A Hashes it should always be pre-arranged that Hashers can store bags at the Bash venue during the Hash (very important during winter especially). If it's an A to B Hash, then the Hare should find a way to get the Hashers' bags from the starting point to the end point for them... but sometimes the Hashers will just have to carry their own stuff all the way...
4. The Lead Hare should also find a good place about half way along the Hash trail for a Beer Stop (or 2? - But, only 1 in winter!) as well as find a suitable quiet spot for the Circle at the end where we won't be interrupted. The Circle should be close (>= 200m) from the end point Bash dinner venue.
5. Finally, a day or two before the Hash, the Lead Hare should organise flour and chalk. Then, on the day of the Hash, the Lead Hare and any Co-Hares will meet early in the day and set / lay the Hash Trail using chalk and flour making the Hash marks that will guide the Pack of Hashers around the fantastic Hash trail that is set. :)
6. Drink more beer...
Contact the Hare Razor and discuss when you can Hare or Co-Hare.
Sweet F.A. - QDH3 On-Sec (Secretary)
Qingdao Hash House Harriers (QDH3)